In today’s busy world, finding time to go to the gym can be a challenge. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t get in a good workout right at home. High intensity home workouts are a great way to burn calories and get fit without needing expensive equipment or a large time commitment. In this article, we will explore the benefits of high intensity workouts and provide you with some effective exercises to try at home.
Benefits of High Intensity Workouts
High intensity workouts, also known as HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), have gained popularity in recent years due to their ability to burn a significant amount of calories in a short period of time. Unlike traditional workouts that focus on steady-state cardio, HIIT workouts involve short bursts of intense exercise followed by brief periods of rest or active recovery. This type of training not only helps burn calories during the workout but also increases your metabolism, allowing you to continue burning calories even after you’ve finished exercising.
Effective High Intensity Exercises for Home Workouts
1. Jumping Jacks: Start with your feet together and arms by your sides. Jump up, spreading your legs wide and raising your arms above your head. Land softly and return to the starting position. Repeat for 30 seconds.
2. Squat Jumps: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Lower into a squat position, keeping your knees behind your toes. Explosively jump up, extending your arms overhead. Land softly and immediately lower back into a squat. Repeat for 30 seconds.
3. Mountain Climbers: Begin in a high plank position with your hands directly under your shoulders. Bring one knee towards your chest and then quickly switch legs, mimicking a running motion. Continue alternating legs for 30 seconds.
4. Burpees: Start in a standing position. Lower into a squat and place your hands on the floor in front of you. Jump your feet back into a plank position, perform a push-up, and then jump your feet back towards your hands. Explosively jump up, reaching your arms overhead. Repeat for 30 seconds.
5. High Knees: Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Drive one knee up towards your chest while quickly switching to bring the opposite knee up. Continue alternating legs as quickly as possible for 30 seconds.
6. Plank Jacks: Begin in a high plank position. Jump your feet wide apart and then quickly jump them back together, mimicking a jumping jack motion. Continue for 30 seconds.
7. Bicycle Crunches: Lie on your back with your knees bent and hands behind your head. Lift your shoulder blades off the floor and bring one elbow towards the opposite knee while extending the other leg out straight. Switch sides, bringing the opposite elbow towards the opposite knee. Continue alternating sides for 30 seconds.
High intensity home workouts are a convenient and effective way to burn calories and get fit. By incorporating exercises such as jumping jacks, squat jumps, mountain climbers, burpees, high knees, plank jacks, and bicycle crunches, you can challenge your body and achieve great results in a short amount of time. Remember to warm up before starting your workout and cool down afterwards to prevent injury. So, why wait? Start incorporating high intensity home workouts into your fitness routine today and watch the calories burn away!